Sunday, October 19, 2008

Early Halloween festivities

Halloween fun has started! Jia is her favorite food this year: corn on the cob.


I had to think of something for Willa that would not require a hat or hood (knowing she'd instantly remove it). She's a tomato.


We attended a Halloween trail walk at our local nature center this weekend. We had tickets to enter at a specific time. We arrived just in time. The place was packed. We were getting ready to enter when Jia threw a tantrum. Then I threw a tantrum. Then I noticed that a boy in Jia's preschool class, Felix, and his family were parked next to us. And they were staring at us. Then I remembered that Felix pushed Jia down when she was climbing the stairs up to the slide at school. Then I didn't care so much what Felix's family thought after all.

We calmed down and had a great time!

15 comments:

XiaoXiao said...

That's just about the cutest (and most inventive) costume I've seen. Veggies never looked so good!

tori

Sarah said...

CORN! Hahaha! She's about the cutest little stock of corn I've ever seen. :)

LaLa said...

So cute..I could eat them up LOL

the password is Son : )

Michelle R Photography said...

Oh my goodness!! Those costumes are adorable. Jia and Willa look so cute!! You are so creative with the corn - cupcakes and now this!?!

M and M Girls said...

Sweet outfits. I am sure they were the talk of the town!!! :-)

Diane

Anonymous said...

Oooh...love the costumes!!! So cute!!!

Donna

Beth said...

that sure is some cute corn on the cob!!! Willa makes a cute tomato too!!

Stefanie said...

Adorable costumes!!! I made my husband come take a look, and he said they are the two cutest veggies he's ever seen :-) And I agree with you about Felix and his family. Seems like they should do less staring at others and more teaching their kid about being a good friend!!! ;-)

Karin and Rob said...

Those costumes are brilliant!

Shana said...

I absolutely love the costumes!! Again, you are so creative! I am having the same trouble with Kyan, he will not tolerate anything on his head. So,I guess he will be a stemless pumkin, oh well.

Kerry said...

OMgoodness!!! So very cute. Love the costumes. They look so very adorable together.

LynnieB said...

You are so darn creative and your girls are the cutest!

Beth said...

Jane, check out my follow up comment to your comment on Shana's blog!

Rebecca Lily said...

That's the CUTEST!!!!!! Jane you are amazing! I want to do homemade costumes for my kids this year (to save $$) and now I'm feeling even more inspired. :) Your veggie girls are adorable!

So funny about Felix. :) I was laughing at that one.

xoxo

Jana said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the corn on the cob costume -- ingenious!! Your girls are too precious for words.