Jia repeatedly told me that she did not want to "dig out" her pumpkin this year. I suggested drawing on it instead with various colored markers, and gluing on some hair.
We glued on the hair, and I laid out an assortment of markers. Jia grabbed one and got to work. She told me she was making a "happy face" one. A half second later, she was done.
I said, "Honey, do you maybe want to make the eyes a little bigger?"
She made the left eye a tad bit bigger. Then she made the left ear a lot bigger.
"How about the nose? I think people might have trouble seeing it when they come to the door."
"No, I like it."
"Of course, so do I."
(click photo to enlarge)
Martha, eat your heart out.
We glued on the hair, and I laid out an assortment of markers. Jia grabbed one and got to work. She told me she was making a "happy face" one. A half second later, she was done.
I said, "Honey, do you maybe want to make the eyes a little bigger?"
She made the left eye a tad bit bigger. Then she made the left ear a lot bigger.
"How about the nose? I think people might have trouble seeing it when they come to the door."
"No, I like it."
"Of course, so do I."
(click photo to enlarge)Martha, eat your heart out.
8 comments:
I love a girl that knows what she wants!!! Superb pumpkin, Jia! Martha has nothing on her for sure : )
Lovely.
Jia's just into modern art. :) None of that traditional stuff for this hip girl.
I am totally cracking up right now!! How Jia of her! I just love that girl.
Oh Jia, I love it!! I think it is perfect!!
I think it deserves a place in MoMA!! :-)
that is SO adorable!! I love that she stood firm in her belief of he should look like!!
Hee Hee! I love it! I think your additions (labels and such) really make it a hoot!
Post a Comment