Sunday, October 19, 2008

Tagged

I was tagged by Kathy at Journey of a Lifetime. I'm supposed to share seven weird facts about myself. Here goes:

(1) I attended a semester of university in southern France. My host family (which mistakenly consisted of a creepy older man) fed me ramen noodles every day.

(2) Also while living in France I was flashed twice, exactly one week apart. Needless to say, living in southern France wasn't the experience for which I'd hoped. (Loved living in Paris though!)

(3) Joe and I met while I was dating his co-worker. While we were dating, Joe was gutsy enough to tell him, "If you ever break up with Jane, let me know." We successfully made the switch, they still work closely, and we continue to be friends with him (and his wife too).

(4) Joe and I are 11 years apart in age. It never made a difference until our adoption. We initially planned on Korea but at the time we could only be 10 years apart in age, so we researched China instead. Isn't it funny how things work out?

(5) I love to travel. When we married, Joe and I made a list of new countries that we wanted to visit. One a year. Joe really wants to visit Ulan Bator when he turns fifty. Or should I say "wanted" to visit. We're realizing how tough that will be now, kids 'n all. Will it happen? We can hold out some hope, right?

(6) I have a particular fondness for Willie Nelson.

(7) With Jia's adoption, my focus was on getting her home. This resulted in an e-mail to my mommy friends after she arrived where I said, "Ok, I have her. Now what do I do with her?" Yes, I was quite unprepared.

I'm not going to tag anybody but I'd love it if anyone else wants to share some interesting facts as well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love #7. So true for any new mom! :)

Donna (new blog address below)
http://nickknackpaddywhack.blogspot.com/