It is my first weekend away from the girls! I'm in a town about an hour away from my home, and I'm spending the entire weekend volunteering for the non-profit Children's Culture Connection.
Children's Culture Connection believes that children are the future problem solvers in every community, and it strives to foster connections between children on a local and global level. A proactive approach to peacemaking, if you will.
We are about to launch our War Kids Relief program which connects U.S. kids with kids in Iraq. This weekend we're trying to raise funds for this program and others. The founder, Dina, is both tireless and driven. She traveled to Iraq a few months ago to develop the program there. Yes, she actually went to Iraq. Her trip journal is here: Dina's Blog (also a link on the right). Her blog details other recent trips to India, Haiti, and Vietnam as well. Please read it if you want to be inspired and motivated. I know I am.
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Very cool, Jane. I hope you have a great time! Just catching up on your previous posts....
I love the costumes!
I laughed out loud at the toe biting
and I'm so glad that Willa has been home 6 months!
Take care!
Wow! I needed that... a good chocolate slice of perspective... so very sweet. I hope you have a wonderful time & get that renewed sense of hope that this is sure to bring. Thanks for sharing. =0) Sara
So amazing Jane! I just checked out the blog and the website and signed up for a newsletter.
I hope you had a great time and got some inspiration! You are simply the coolest! And the event is at a winery, win, win,!
Post a Comment