Saturday, October 4, 2008

Our infant daughter, spawn of Hercules

Remember how I just said that Willa is very determined to get into our cabinets? And that she already broke one type of lock so we had to get another?

Look at what she did today!


Thankfully just last week we finalized our plans to remodel our kitchen. We've lived with it for over ten years. We painted it a bright color and decorated accordingly. But the ancient appliances, leaky faucets, scary wiring, a floor that upchucks pieces of grout, and cracked tiles needed to go.

Still, I always thought our cabinets were fairly sturdy, until today.

18 comments:

Ice Cream! said...

Oh my word!!! I can't even find words : ) Glad you are getting a makeover...such fun! Hopefully, you will have good, sturdy quality.
Ha : )

Sarah said...

Willa!!! Oh My!!! She REALLY wanted into that cabinet, didn't she?

When Kevin was a kid... he thought his mom needed a new stove. He opened the door and jumped on the door until it broke. Mom got a new stove, and was pretty happy about it. :)

Anonymous said...

That is too funny! Willa is one strong little girl! :)

Oh...and we bought those pumpkin decorations (like Mr. Potato Head) from Walmart. It comes with 4 faces for only $3.50. Nick loved doing it and I bet Jia will also. :)

Shana Giroux said...

Willa the Great strikes again! Since you are getting a new kitchen anyway, I say, way to go determined girl. Otherwise, I would say, oh no, time out for Willa:)

Make sure you get some new, strong cabinets. I am thinking steel:)

LaLa said...

Wow...don't mess with her!!! I guess she really needed in.

Michelle R Photography said...

Wow!!! Your decision to remodel came at a perfect time. Until then... S*uper Glue to the rescue!

kelly bee said...

Oh my! My second child was like that. You're in luck though. That determined, strong exterior usually guards a heart of gold! :)

Kathy said...

Words fail. New cabinets for you!

Kathy

M and M Girls said...

So what do you keep in that cabinet? LOL Willa wanted in! Glad you are getting the make over. Look forward to seeing the photos of the new kitchen when it is all down. :-)

XiaoXiao said...

Whoa! A little scary, but from afar, it's hilarious. And I needed a good laugh today. Thanks, WonderWilla!

t

Staci said...

Oh my goodness!! That's a strong little girl. :) Good thing your remodeling.

Michelle said...

Spawn of hercules...I LOVE it. So funny. :)

Amy, Ryan, Aidan and Lauren said...

Crazy! She will love hearing that story when she is older!

Stefanie said...

Wow. She was determined, wasn't she?!?
So exciting to hear you guys are going to redo your kitchen... can't wait to see the results! Be sure to share before and after pics :)

Beth said...

I have to admit the first thing I did, was laugh, so sorry about that! WOW, she's one strong little girl, isn't she!! Maybe you can let her finish doing the demo to the cabinets to save some money!! : )

Stefanie said...

WOW!!! I agree with Beth. Get Willa a hard hat and some safety goggles and let her do the demo!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What was in the cupboard? Have you considered changing her name to Bam Bam? If I were Jia, I'd be a bit more willing to share my toys.

Eileen said...

I re-found your blog (after following your journey to Jia) and holy cow! That's amazing!

Eileen
http://www.scravings.blogspot.com